1 box brown rice lasagna noodles
16 oz. of marinara
1 1/2 c. mushrooms (chopped)
1 zucchini (chopped into 1/2 in. quartered chunks)
15 oz. can of lentils (drained & rinsed)
1/2 c. fresh parsley (chopped)
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
Basil Cashew Cheese:
2 c. cashews (soaked)
1/2 c. almond milk
2-4 cloves of garlic
2 tbs. nutritional yeast
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 tbs. lemon juice
1/2 c. fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Soak cashews in hot water.
3. Combine filling and set aside to marinate.
4. Bring noodles to a boil. Boil for 1-2 minutes, then turn off heat, cover, and let sit 5-7 minutes.
5. While the noodles are cooking, make basil cashew cheese. I prefer to make cashew cheese in a blender cup for a smoother consistency. You’ll need to make this in two batches if you have 16 oz. cups. Once blended, transfer to a bowl and stir to combine.
6. Drain noodles when done and rinse with cold water.
7. Layer a 9×13 baking dish with sauce, noodles, filling, cheese, and repeat for 2-3 layers.
8. Top with basil cashew cheese, cover with parchment paper and bake for 40 minutes.